Perhaps you feel as though your life is in shambles due to a hardship, or some other overbearing hurdle. Or, maybe you’ve achieved your ultimate goal, only to see your life hit an unanticipated snag — having your successes come crumbling down on you. If either of these scenarios ring true, then chances are you need to build yourself a solid personal foundation; the bread and butter for reaching and maintaining success.
Some of the world’s tallest buildings — the Sears Tower, the Freedom Tower, etc. have more in common with successful people than you may think; they’re all built upon solid foundations that run extremely deep into the ground. After all, without those very foundations, each of them would come crashing down at uber-rapid speeds.
As human beings with goals and aspirations, life will undoubtedly present us with setbacks; even when we seemingly do everything right. However, when we do get hit with adversity, it’s imperative that we stay focused and centered on our journey.
When we don’t have a solid foundation — our morals, values, integrity, and standards, etc. — any successes we’ve began to build will inevitably topple on us. Good, or bad, circumstances will come up: Relationships fail, jobs are lost, and our resolves will be tested.
Without further adieu, here are 10 quick tips for building a solid personal foundation.
- Always do your best in everything that you do
- Always be honest, even if it means admitting your error(s)
- Always stand up for what you believe in
- Never settle for anything less than what you want
- When the going gets tough, keep on going
- No matter what your status, be kind and giving when you are able to
- Make it a priority to take care care of your physical body
- Get clear about your goals
- Be and stay financially responsible
10. Stay positive no matter what